Sunday, November 27, 2011

A Man's Point Of View

Hello all!! I hope everyone had an excellent Thanksgiving holiday.  I know I really enjoyed spending time with my family and seeing friends I haven't seen in a while.  So, now that we have to get back to the business of working, schooling, or whatever you do to fill your time.  It's time for a new feature I have named A Man's Point of View.  I wanted to do a piece that features style from the male viewpoint.  This is something I would like to do on a regular basis.  So, without further ado, here's the first installment of A Man's Point of View.  I guess I should preface this with an advisement:  this post may contain language that some people may find offensive or funny (I'm not sure which one you will think it is.) Please be advised of such!!!


So tell my readers who you are and what you do for a living.

My name is Bryan Keith Scarbrough, I am 25 years old and I am a Rehab Technician at a wellness center.
 
What one word describes your style and why?
Classic. I say classic because my style is basic and masculine. I feel my style is how a man my age should dress, with some up to date modifications.

What are 4 pieces in your wardrobe that you can't live without?
I would have to say my neck ties, my jewelry, retro tennis shoes, and my cologne

If money were no object, what pieces would you like to add to your wardrobe?
I would like to add more sport coats because you can be casual with them or dress them up depending on the occasion. I would like to add more jeans also. Aint nothing like a good pair of Levi Strauss jeans. I also would like to add more dress shirts and retro Nikes.

What are some trends that you wish would die a flaming death.
There are so many trends that I wish people would stop wearing but for the sake of this I will keep it short. I can’t the skinny jeans especially on men. In today’s society I feel that men don’t dress like men any more. Men dress like ballet dancers with smedium(small and medium) shirts and extremely tight pants. So many men have taken the “metrosexual” title and hauled ass with it. I feel that the majority of this has to do with the hip hop generation i.e. Lil Wayne and a lot more, but he is the main target. I remember when sagging was the coolest trend; now the same guys who sag took those same pants and shrunk them to infant size.  I do not like the poindexter glasses. As a kid I can remember other kids who wore glasses got picked on especially if they were big and the lenses were thick.  I hate the trend that mainly the young white females wear and that is the oversized t-shirts, soccer shorts, and rain boots or ugg boots. The look makes them seem as if they don’t have anything underneath the shirt and that’s not cool. Last but not least, I hate the Polo trend. This trend is mainly worn by the young African American males who are in their twenties.  This trend is very irritating to me. They will wear the Polo hat, Polo shirt, Polo jacket, Polo jeans, Polo underwear, and Polo boots. This is a prime example of overkill. These guys walk around like walking billboards for Ralph Lauren. I know white guys who don’t wear that much Polo. This reminds me of the Tommy Hilfiger trend in the nineties when everybody was Hilfiger down to the socks and some people even sported the bootleg if they couldn’t afford the real thing. How can you say you are different when you look like four other guys in the classroom with you?

What's your favorite thing to see a woman wear and why?
I like to see a woman in a nice v neck t-shirt, jeans, and some casual shoes with her hair done.  So many women these days wear too many dresses with their ass out, high heels they can’t walk in, and thick make up that they have to chisel off their face.  The media has overused the word sexy and think that sexy means you have to be butt naked. In my opinion a female that wears a nice casual outfit is sexy to me. I like a woman to be classy not showing all her assy.




No comments:

Post a Comment