Friday, November 11, 2011

A Little Bit of Flannel...But In A Good Way

Hello all!! I know it's been a minute since I posted something.  But, with the current semester winding down, and graduation approaching quickly, I've been busy as 8 bees.  Anyway, since it's gotten back chilly, I decided to wear one of my plaid flannel shirts.  I really love this shirt because of the colors in it.  Who says flannel has to be manly!! Instead of wearing pants, I went with a little summer dress I purchased last year for my birthday.  It's black at the top with a square neckline and a denim bottom.  I really like the dress because it can be worn year round.  I added a pair of black opaque tights and my newly acquired boots.  I'm SO excited about these boots because I've been searching FOR YEARS for a pair of calf boots that I can get my big calves into.  So, on one of my many trips to TJ Maxx, I spotted them.  I decided to try them on, and when they fit, I felt like Cinderella!!  BTW, I was doing some serious clowning around in these pictures, so don't take them very seriously.  Lol!! So, here's the logistics about my outfit:

Shirt:   Old Navy
Dress:  TJ Maxx
Tights:  Ashley Stewart
Boots:  TJ Maxx
Ring:   Charlotte Russe
Earrings: Ashley Stewart

If you're interested in my hair, I decided to do some protective styling for the winter.  I got two strand twist extensions at A Natural Affair Beauty Lounge.  The owner, Takeisha Berry-Brooks, did my twists.  They actually look like they're growing out of my scalp, so she did a REALLY good job.  So, if you're ever in  Memphis or surrounding area and need a natural hair stylist, please give her a call at 901-859-1113.








No comments:

Post a Comment