Monday, January 28, 2019

Every Dog Has It's Day

Hello all!!

I hope last week went splendidly well and your new week goes even better! If you don't know by now, I'm a frugal shopper.  So, if I can get a great deal for the cheap, I'm all for it.  

With that being said, today's blog post features 2 new items I recently added to my closet.  One of them being a really cute plaid dress from Old Navy. They are currently have a sale where you can score an additional 40% off of their clearance items.  I decided to take them up on their offer 😊. I picked a couple of pieces for my son and snagged this dress for myself for $7.19.

When I got the dress home, I thought I wanted to pair it with my red faux leather jacket, but made a last minute substitution.  I ended up pairing it with my gray crochet sweater vest.  This gave it a monochrome look and kept the chill off in the process.



To add a pop to the outfit, I knew I wanted to wear some pink socks.  Of course, I had to go through hell and high water to find the perfect pair.  You know how you already have your mind set on something? That's how I am.  A lot of times I end up disappointed because I can't find exactly what I'm looking for.  But, this time I hit the jackpot and got these pink dog socks.



These "puppies" cost a mere $1.97 from the Men's section of my local Walmart.  Ladies, don't be afraid to shop outside of the Women's section to find things to add to your closet.  You could be missing out on some great pieces.  I'm planning on getting some more of their socks in the near future.  They have this really cute camouflage pair that I want. The boots are by Esprit from TJ Maxx that I purchased a couple years ago.  They remind me of the Sorel brand boots that I've stalked for years that cost about $199; and the price NEVER goes down.  


To finish off this look, I added some simple silver hoops and my black Nine West clutch.  I think the look turned out great, but I'm biased. Let me know what you think in the comments.





Until next time...

Dress:  Old Navy; Sweater Vest:  Cato;  Socks:  Walmart; Boots:  TJ Maxx; Clutch:  TJ Maxx; Earrings:  Gifted 

No comments:

Post a Comment