Monday, January 7, 2019

A Little Summer in Winter

Hey all!!

Happy New Year to you!! I hope 2019 is shaping up to be fabulous for you.  As I was watching style videos on You Tube last week, I ran across one from KarenBritChic about looking stylish and keeping warm in the winter time.  Winter is the time of year for layering up and not so much for being stylish.  The main focus is keeping warm, but you can still keep warm AND look great while doing it. 

I know you have some really cute dresses/skirts in your closet that you'd just love to break out right about now.   But because of the reality of freezing to death you pull out your sweaters, boots, and pants.  Hopefully this blog post will inspire you to have fun with layers and get cute at the same time.

The dress I'm wearing came from my local Belk's clearance section.  I got this for a mere $14 (regular price over $100.) The one I actually tried on was too big, so the customer service rep helping me was able to order my correct size and ship it to my house.  The first time I wore it was to an event with a black cardigan sweater and black heels.  The look was a last minute decision and it turned out OK, but I knew I could make it look much nicer.  I'll insert a picture of the look here...


So, after giving a lot more thought into my look, I decided to pair it with a black wide belt, turtleneck, coat, tights, and boots.  I think this look is much more suitable and came together nicely.


A little trial and error never hurt anyone, and it can yield some great results.  Outfits can evolve and get better just like people can.  The next time I wear this, I want to try it with my white button down and some heels.


It also challenges you to shop your own closet and see how many outfits you can put together with what you already have available.  This saves you money because you aren't going out getting something new all the time. Who doesn't like saving money?


I challenge you to try this for yourself and see how many outfits you can put together.  Do you shop your closet on the regular? Let me know in the comments section.


Until next time...

Turtleneck: St. John's Bay, JC Penney; Dress:  Belk; Tights:  Assets, Target; Boots:  Merona, Target; Belt:  from an old dress; Ear cuff:  Claire's

No comments:

Post a Comment