Monday, January 14, 2019

Casual Casual

Hello all!

I don't know about you, but sometimes being comfortable in my clothes outweighs being cute.  Not so say that I want to look unkempt or like I'm slumming it, but you can be comfy and stylish at the same time.  With today's look, it was all about being comfortable.

The look centered around this cute white button down with mini black stars.  I picked this up from my local TJ Maxx on clearance for $12.  Initially, I got it to wear with a skirt I got from the same place the later part of last year.  Since the skirt needs to be altered, I had to find something else to wear it with.  So I decided to pair it with my black floral print pants from Old Navy (which were also on clearance for $10.)  

  
Lately I've been trying my hand at print mixing.  I'm trying to take myself outside of my comfort zone and wear things I wouldn't normally put together.  With my body type being pear-shaped AND plus-sized, some things should be taken into consideration when putting outfits together.  Pushing the envelope when it comes to my style has been trumping these so-called "rules" that should be followed to the letter. Nothing wrong with experimenting with prints, shapes, and colors to come up with looks all your own.


I was going to wear this look with either some heels or boots due to the cold weather.  But, since I wanted to be comfortable, tipping around in some heels this time around wasn't going to cut it.  I decided to put on my black old school Puma sneakers which are the epitome of comfy. If I could wear them everyday I would.  


Being casual doesn't have to mean being frumpy.  With some great pieces and accessories, you can be stylishly casual and comfy at the same time.  And those pieces can be paired easily with other things in you already have in your closet.  

Expanding your wardrobe is easier than you think and you don't have to spend a fortune to do it.  The majority of the items that I purchase are from the clearance section of my favorite stores.  You can really rack up on some great items especially when stores are trying to get rid of old inventory to make room for the new. 

  
Do you like so shop the clearance section? What are some of your favorite places to shop? Let's chat it up in the comments section.  Until next time...

Earrings:  Old Navy; Button down:  TJ Maxx; Jacket:  Old Navy; Belt:  Target; Pants:  Old Navy; Shoes:  Finish Line

No comments:

Post a Comment