Monday, October 8, 2018

Sparkle in Your Eyes

Do you ever have one of those days where you want be cute and dress up, but you still want be kind of casual?  Well, today was one of those days for me.  I wanted to be cute, of course, but I also didn't want to overdo it either.  So, I decided to pull an oldie but goodie out of my closet and give it a whirl.  

I've only worn this sequin skirt one other time; don't ask me why because it's absolutely fabulous.  Now, you may be wondering, how is wearing anything with sequins casual?  Well sequins have now become more than just a special occasion/after 5 garment.  They can be paired with just about anything and can be worn any time of the day. 

  
About a year ago, I was cruising the Women's section of my local Target and saw this skirt.  The regular price of it was $34.99, which some would say isn't bad for a sequin skirt.  But, the cheapskate in me mixed with Mommy guilt wouldn't allow me to spend this much on a skirt no matter how awesome it was.  So, I didn't buy it that day.  Fast forward about a month later, this same skirt was on clearance for $10.99.  Now, THAT is a great deal!! I brought it home that day and didn't look back.  

This first time I wore it I paired it with a black tank, denim jacket and another pair of black heels.  I could've worn it like that again, but I like to see how may different ways I can wear the same items in my closet.  In my mind, that gives me more styling options and I get my cost per wear money's worth.


This time around, I wanted to still keep it casual, but not too casual for church.  I pulled out a simple black tee shirt, my black peep toe heels, and bracelet.  I wasn't sure which earrings I wanted to wear with the outfit.  I didn't want to wear the same ones I wore with it the first time.  So, I decided on my ankh earrings I got from Vinti Couture (@vinticouture).  I bought them a couple years ago as a birthday gift to myself (treat yo'self!!!) I get compliments on them every time I wear them and they're definitely a conversation starter.  


I think this simple outfit came together nicely.  What do you think? Until next time....💋💋

Earrings:  Vinti Couture; Black Tee:  Old Navy; Bracelet:  Cato Fashions; Skirt:  Target Ava & Viv; Clutch:  TJ Maxx Nine West; Shoes:  Cato Fashions


P.S. My son/photographer getting his zen by the fountain 💓💓💓

No comments:

Post a Comment