Monday, October 1, 2018

Always Bet on Black


When it comes to looking stylish and well put together, nothing can make you feel this way like wearing the color black.  Really, you can't go wrong with wearing this powerful color.  Some people look at black as boring, morbid, or basic.  But, when you need something that can fit just about any occasion, black is a color that many people gravitate towards.  

Last weekend, I was out shopping with my Ma and sister and came across a black pleated skirt.  But, this skirt was more than just a pleated skirt; it was also a high low pleated skirt.  I've always wanted a pleated skirt, but the way my bottom half is set up, we've never been friends.  So, getting this skirt was extremely out of my comfort zone.  I'm really making more of an effort to try things I normally wouldn't even take off the rack and look at.  Long story short, I tried it on and basically talked myself into getting it.  I'm so glad I did; but now onto the task of figuring out what to wear with it.



I'd been going back and forth with myself trying to figure out how I wanted to style the skirt.  Finally, I decided to pull out my Biggie tee I've had for a while to give it a more casual feel.  I added some red suede slides for comfort and my black belt.  I kept my jewelry simple with my dark gray hoop earrings.


I think it turned out really cute because I didn't know how it would turn out.  The majority of my looks I come up in my head and don't try them out together ahead of time. 

.  

The most expensive part of my outfit is the skirt, which was $14.99 on clearance.  I know you get tired of hearing me say this, but you don't have to spend a lot to look nice. This skirt will be worn year round with tights and booties in fall/winter and with sandals in the spring/summer.  It's those versatile pieces that can extend your wardrobe, budges, and give you more options.   I can't wait to show you all how I will style this skirt next.  


Until next time...


Earrings:  Lane Bryant; Biggie Tee:  TJ Maxx; Belt:  Target; Skirt:  Belk; Shoes:  Target

No comments:

Post a Comment