Monday, September 10, 2018

Thinking Outside the Box

Hello all!

Today's outfit inspiration centers around this cute black dress I got from my local Belk store.  I believe Belk stores are mostly located in the South, so there may not be one in your area.  My Ma, sister, and I ventured into the clearance section which has items priced up to 80% off their retail price.  So, it's really hard not to find something you like.  If you don't find something, just wasn't meant to be.

After looking through several racks of goodies, and trying on a handful of items, I was able to settle on this black sleeveless dress.  Usually, I try to stay away from ruffles, especially from the waist down. Now don't me wrong, I really like ruffles; mostly on other people, though.  The dress is really simple and can be paired with different accessories which can give you a different look every time you wear it. It just really depends on how you're feeling on a particular day. That's mostly the reason why I was drawn to it.  My sister referred to it as "not saying anything", but I feel you can let your accessories do the talking for you.


It took me a while to finally decide on what to wear with the dress.  After a lot of back and forth with myself, I decided to pair it with my leopard print clutch and red fuzzy heels.  To keep from freezing to death at church, my denim jacket made the perfect cover up.  The dress is kinda flowy, so I belted it to show my shape.  


For my jewelry I wore 2 gold rings, my black bracelet, and my black and gold ear cuff with matching stud.  Once I finally made my mind up, I think this look came together perfectly.  I can't wait to see how many different ways I can style this dress.  Would you believe the dress cost a whopping $14.95 with a regular price of $110? Just goes to show you don't have to have a lot of money to look like you spent a lot money.  


Dress:  Belk, Shoes:  TJ Maxx, Clutch:  The Crow's Nest, Bracelet:  Cato Fashions, Rings:  Old Navy and Lane Bryant, Earrings:  Claire's

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment