Monday, September 17, 2018

Easy Like Sunday

Hello everyone!:

So, I had a birthday a couple weeks ago, and I came to a realization.  As I get older, I'm leaning more toward simple things.  And the way I dress is no exception to this.  Now, this doesn't mean I don't like to go all out or get fancy.  But, what it does mean is that getting dressed doesn't have to be a big production of sorts.  I've always believed you can look really put together with a good mix of simple, inexpensive clothing pieces and accessories.  It's all in how you put your spin on them that puts the icing on the cake. 

Take for example my outfit of the day.  I'm basically wearing a black tank and jeans with black heels.  But what makes it more than just a tank, jeans, and heels are my accessories and this fabulous kimono.  


This kimono was a birthday gift from my sister and it was less than $20.  I spotted this beauty while we were shopping a couple weeks ago.  I didn't have any plans for it once I got it home but I knew it could be worked into my wardrobe.  Outfit ideas come to me in various ways.  The main way my looks come together are through visualization (don't judge me.) Most of the time they look great; other times, I need a do over.  



But that's the great thing about style.  It's all about how you can take something and make it work for you.  And you don't have to spend a fortune to look like one.  I'm a single mom and I can't afford to spend goo gobs of money on clothes and shoes (for myself or my son).  I love shopping at discount stores and any where else I can get a great deal.  

Social media will have you feeling like a failure if you can't buy the latest in designer goods.  The majority of those people you see wearing that stuff didn't actually buy it in the first place.  They're basically walking advertising for those companies and it either given or lended to them.  But, I digress...


You have to keep your budget in mind when it comes to shopping.  You may even have to resort to online shopping if you can't find anything on the ground where you live.  Shopping for great clothes, shoes, and accessories should definitely be an easy and carefree experience. Over extending your budget should be the last thing for you to worry about.  The most expensive items in this look are the shoes and the jeans.  There's nothing wrong with splurging on certain items if you can afford to do it.

  
Look for a blog post in the near future about where I go to find great deals.  Until next time...



Turban:  Local BSS; Gold Necklace:  Funky Shoes Boutique;  Kimono:  Cotton Plant Boutique;  Black tank:  Old Navy; Jeans:  Lane Bryant; Clutch:  TJ Maxx; Shoes:  TJ Maxx;  Gold Ring:  Lane Bryant; Black belt:  Target

No comments:

Post a Comment