Tuesday, February 6, 2018

What I'm Digging Right Now

Hello Everyone!  So, I've tried out a good bit of products when it comes to hair, skin, and beauty (especially hair.)  Normally, I like to stick with what works for me, but every now and then, I like to dabble in other products.  Some worked, some didn't.  Today, I'm gonna let you know about some really great products I've been using that have given me great results.  Hopefully they'll work for you too.  These are in no particular order, so let's get to it.



III Sisters of Nature Sweet Honeyrose Treatment

I stumbled upon this product at my local TJ Maxx in the clearance section.  I'd seen it on previous trips there, but was more inclined to purchase it since it was only $2.00.  Can I tell you how AWESOME this deep conditioner is?! This left my hair feeling soft and moisturized.  Now, if you don't like loud scents, you may want to stay away from this product, but I really like the scent.  You can find great hair products at TJ Maxx, but the only downside is, if you find something you really like, you may never see it there again.  It's happened to me more times than I care to mention.  But, I have seen this on Amazon and the price varies depending on the seller.



III Sisters of Nature Once A Week Nourishing Treatment

Like the Sweet Honeyrose Treatment, I found this gem at TJ Maxx on clearance as well.  With this product being only $4.00, honestly, I really didn't expect much from it.  I used this on my wash day and I'M HOOKED!!! The first time I used this, is sank into my kinky hair and actually defined it like i had a curl definer/gel in my hair.  I couldn't believe it.  Not to mention my hair felt so soft, strong, and moisturized.  But, alas I haven't spotted this product anymore since I've fallen deeply in love with this.  It is available on Amazon as well, but price depends on the seller.


Shea Moisture Red Palm Oil & Cocoa Butter Detangling Shampoo

Like a lot of people, I'd given Shea Moisture the boot since the product crossover debacle.  But as I was walking down the aisles of my local Sally Beauty, I spotted yet another product from them.  Y'all know they come out with new product lines like every other day.  Anyway, what drew me to these products was the fact that they don't have any coconut oil in them.  This is a plus for me because not all naturals sing the holy praises of coconut oil.  This shampoo really softened my hair and I was able to detangle my hair with my fingers (I don't normally do this.)  I also purchased the conditioner that goes with this shampoo and I like it as well.  According to the packaging, you can use the conditioner as a rinse-out or a leave-in.  I use it as a leave-in and always get soft and defined hair.  I don't know about you, but if I can use one product multiple ways, it's a definite keeper.  This is $9.99 at Sally Beauty.


Freeman Polishing Charcoal & Black Sugar Gel Mask + Scrub

I was in search of another face scrub since I'd used up my previous one by St. Ives.  I was not looking to spend a lot because of the way my wallet is set up currently.  I was already using the Freeman Avocado and Oatmeal face mask, so I decided to give their sugar scrub a try.  This mask/scrub gave me a spa like experience I wasn't expecting.  After wetting my face with warm water, I applied this and immediately felt a warming sensation.  I've never used a scrub that warmed before.  The directions state to apply and leave on for 2-3 minutes, then apply water and begin to massage it in.  This scrub had my face feeling like I'd just gone and had a spa treatment done AND feeling like a newborn baby's bottom.  I got this from my local Wal Mart for $3.27


NYX Professional Makeup Auto Eyebrow Pencil

I'm cheap when it comes to some things.  So, dropping a huge amount of coin on an eyebrow pencil is just bonkers to me.  Now don't get me wrong, if you can afford to do it, by all means, do so.  But, I refuse to, so NYX fills the bill for me.  It's soft formula goes on really smooth and doesn't take a lot to fill in my brows.  One of my friends told me about this pencil, so I had to try it.  I'm glad I did.  I picked this one up from my local Target for $4.79



Alba Botanica Hawaiian Detox Renewing Lotion

Even though I'm cheap, I can be kinda a snob when it comes to body products.  After going natural back in 2007 and becoming a Mom in 2006, I decided I wanted to use better products.  So after doing lots of research on ingredients and what they do, I decided to do a total product overhaul.  Now, the first time I tried another Alba Botanica lotion, it gave my son and I both a rash.  Needless to say, I decided to try another natural lotion.  Fast forward to this year, and this lotion was on clearance (did I mention I'm cheap?) at my local Target.  The first time I tried this product, the angels sang and played their harps!! My skin was so smooth and soft, and the scent is really light and doesn't clash with whatever perfume/body oil.  Now I wish I would've gotten both bottles that were left so I can add it to my stockpile.  I found this for $6.50 but, regular price is $12.99.

So, those are the products I'm currently digging on.  Let me know if you've used any of these and what you thought of them.  Until next time

No comments:

Post a Comment