Monday, December 18, 2017

A Whole Heap Of Stuff

Hello Everyone!! I hope you all had a great weekend and are hard at it today.  So, I did a lot of trying on over the past few weeks at a few places I love. I'd been trying to decide whether or not to split them up into different posts.  I finally decided to put them all in one post to save myself time and effort.  Without further adieu, let's get started!

My first stop was to Old Navy where they were practically giving away the entire store for up to 60% off.  They had a lot of goodies for everyone, and I found a couple of really cute things that caught my eye.

This little black number is supposed to be a dress.  But, for the sake of modesty, I decided to pair it with these red and black buffalo check pants. The red tam is my own and it just kinda worked out with the outfit.  This would be perfect for Christmas Day activities on the casual side.  You know, sitting around the house eating all day and not going anywhere special.

I. Love. This. Dress.  All I need are some black tights or leggings and some cute boots and I'm ready to go anywhere.  Unfortunately, this was sold out by the time I went back for it.  It's still available at Old Navy's website and it could possibly be on sale right now.  

I thought this sweatshirt was so cute when I saw it (and I actually bought it.) I'm also excited about the fact that Old Navy has a line of curvy jeans that I can actually wear.  These are from their Straight Curvy line and they fit like a glove.  It's totally an accident that all the items I picked out coordinated with my tam (as I like to call them.) My great grandmother used to wear them all the time and they kinda make me feel the nostalgia of my childhood.

My next stop was J.C. Penney where I FINALLY tried some pieces from the Tracee Ellis Ross line.  I've been wanting to try it on for myself after seeing several YouTube vloggers and various bloggers try on her pieces.  

I really wanted to try on the fuchsia one, but they only had the gold one.  I'm still undecided about this dress.  It reminds me of a really fancy caftan.  I'm wondering if that's the idea Tracee had when this was designed.  

When I first heard about TER's line and saw the pieces, I was excited about the tuxedo.  I've always wanted a feminine tux and could never find one until now.  The sad part was none of the bloggers/vloggers I watched tried on the tuxedo.  So, I knew I had to try it on once I found it.  THIS. GAVE. ME. MY.ENTIRE.LIFE. Not a lot of things give me this feeling, but this did!!! My only gripe is I'd have to get the slacks taken up in the waist because they're doing this weird floppy thing in the crotch.  Which I'm used to because I'm a pear shape and that's just the life I've been handed. And since I love it so much, here's another picture from another angle.

Pardon the bra showing, but you've seen one before.  The best part about this tuxedo is it's sold separately, so you can get the pieces in different sizes if you need it.  This shall be mine!! I've already got an outfit together in my head with a sharp bodysuit for New Year's Eve (as if I'm going anywhere on NYE.)  Sigh...

This little number is from the Boutique 9 collection from J.C.Penney.  It was cute on the hanger, but once I put it on, I was disappointed.  The neck detail was too big and didn't fit properly. Then, it wanted to be high/low but I don't think it's supposed to fit that way.  Out of the 3 dresses I picked to try on from Boutique 9, this was the only one I could wear.  

These darling babies were at my local Dillards.  The picture DO NOT do them justice at all! Sam Edelman always has makes really great shoes.  The front remind me of sea urchins and this great purple color is just 😍😍😍😍.  Now you already know I had to try them on!!



Keeping in the spirit of shoes, these cuties I picked up from my local T.J. Maxx for $29.99.  They remind me of  Sorel boots that I've been coveting for the past few years.  I've never gotten those because they're $250.  Maybe one day I'll be able to get the Sorel ones, but for now I'll take these by Esprit.   

Finally, to round out the post, my folks and I went to one of the thrift stores in my town and did some exploring.  Every item in this particular one was like $2.  So, were looking through the racks of clothes, I came across this really nice blazer.  I tried it on, thinking it wasn't going to fit.  Needless to say it did and it found a new home with me.  Brace yourselves for the fabulousness you're about to witness:

This men's blazer is from the Neiman Marcus line for Target that came out a few years ago.  My sister picked it up for me for a whoping $2.  It was brand new with tags and actually sold for $149.00.  Talk about a great deal and it's gonna get a lot of wear from my sister and I both (lol)  

Well, that wraps up the whole lotta for this week.  Until next time, I hope you all have a Happy Holiday season and an awesome 2018! 

No comments:

Post a Comment