Sunday, August 7, 2016

Thrifting Virgin

Good Sunday to you!! A couple of months ago, I tried my hand at thrifting.  I always watch YouTube videos of people that find the cutest things.  But, I've never done it myself.  Mainly because I don't like digging for things.  I want things to be all laid out in front of me and all I have to do is just grab it and go.  But, a couple of months ago, I tried my hand at it for the first time.  I, along with my Ma and sister, went to a local thrift shop just to see what they had.  And I spotted this cute little green number on the mannequin in their front window.  It really caught my eye because it was my favorite shade of green. And I've wanted something that color for a long time now.  So, I made the joke that if it were $8, it was coming home with me.  So, once we got inside, I asked the salesperson at the counter how much the dress was.  And low and behold she told me it was $7.99!! I snatched it right off the mannequin and gave that dress a new home.  

Now, don't get me wrong, that was a definite freak of nature.  One, because I didn't have to "hunt" for it.  And two, it was in my price range.  So, long story short, I still feel the same way about thrifting. But, I can say I'm no longer a thrifting virgin.  Will I do it again? Maybe...but it will definitely have to be in the right place and the right price.  So, here's how I styled this little gem. Let me know what you think and where are some of the places you find some great thrift pieces.  Until next time!




No comments:

Post a Comment